Jeani's Thanksgiving Dressing
Corn Bread and Biscuit Dressing is a Thanksgiving Side Dish that your entire family will love.
Servings 16 people
- 3 Cups Crumbled Corn Bread
- 3 Cups Crumbled Biscuits You can also substitute lightly toasted white bread
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 4-6 cups Chicken Broth You want the dressing to be soupy when you bake so the amount varies.
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Butter, for greasing pan You can also use Cooking Spray
Preheat Oven to 425
Chop Onions and Celery
Crumble Biscuits and Corn Bread
Melt Butter in pan on medium heat
Add Onions and Celery into the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes
Crack 3 eggs into a large mixing bowl and lightly beat
Add corn bread, biscuits, celery and onion, salt and pepper and stir together
Add four cups of Chicken Broth and stir
The consistency should be like cake batter or very thick soup. You might need to add up to 2 cups of additional chicken broth to make it soupy.
Grease a 13x9 Pan. I use butter, but you can also use Cooking Spray
Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 1g